Objective: The students will discuss the importance of several important aspects of Catcher.
1. In pairs, discuss the importance of all of the following. Jot down some ideas on a piece of paper and some textual evidence that supports it. Be ready to share your ideas with the class.
1. Chapter 12: The cab driver, Horwitz, and his explanation of ducks and fish in the lagoon.
2. Chapter 13: His lost/stolen gloves and what he does when he loses something.
3. Chapter 13: Sunny the prostitute and Holden's interaction with her.
4. Chapter 14: Allie and the bike story.
5. Chapter 14: The Bible allusion: Jesus and the disciples.
6. Chapter 15: The nuns and his "contribution" to them.
7. Chapter 15: Literary allusion: Romeo and Juliet.