Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Objective: Students will write a “Found Poem” using the Good Earth as a review for the upcoming test.

Date: January 2, 2007

Period 1, 4 and 5
1. Good Earth Found Poetry assignment
2. Your group will need a poster board tomorrow.
3. Last book report due on January 19


Period 2

1. Good Earth Found Poetry assignment
2. Good Earth test on Thursday.
Book report #2 Due January 19







Example of Found Poetry

Topic: The Fat Rich Guy

A Way Back Home

Out of my sight, lest I kill you for a fat worm.

He shivered and wept,
He was a great fat fellow,
Drunkenness from sleep,
Had failed to escape.

Had been laying naked in his bed,
Hidden in a secret place and now crept out,
Yellow rolls of flesh doubled over his breasts,
Small sunken pig’s eyes.

Do not kill me.
Do not kill me.
I have much money,

Money. The child saved. The land, the land.

Give me the money then.
Give me more.

No comments: