Friday, May 08, 2020

AP Lesson 32: Another chance to practice an essay

Hello everyone. 

It is getting so close!  Five more days to prep.  What have you done to get ready?

Have you decided how you are going to do it?  Type?  Write?  Will you print out the piece or read from a screen?  Will you have two computers going just in case one screws up?

Did you make yourself some helper sheets?  It doesn't say that you can't as far as I have read.  I would have a TTSTCANDI chart printed.  I would have a list of key words in front of me to look at:  Shifts, Contrasts, Thesis, Line of Reasoning, etc...

OK here is this weekend's prompt.  It is awesome.  And it's easy to me.  I would love to write this essay.

 https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/digitalServices/pdf/ap/apcentral/ap13_frq_eng_lit.pdf

Set a timer.  50 minutes. 

1.  Dissect prompt:  What key words must you mention?
2.  Read the prompt:  Do you notice anything right away?  Shifts, contrasts, symbols or metaphors?  Characters, Point of View. 
3.  Thesis:
4.  Quick outline to establish line of reasoning

And write.

No comments: