Friday, April 03, 2020

College Board Lesson 8: Developing Commentary

I just finished watching the lesson for today.  The homework was an entire essay.  And I am not going to grade an essay right now, so there are no points available today.

Also, with learning the test information posted in the update below, this lesson focuses on a novel, and you will not be writing on a novel on the test.

So watch the video lesson if you like.  I thought the use of Lord of the Flies was cool.

I think the lessons from her on out will focus more on the Q3 lesson.  If they don't, I will make assignments based on my own Q3 materials.

Friday, April 03, 2020

IMPORTANT AP TEST INFO JUST RELEASED!!!

AP TEST DATE AND FORMAT JUST ANNOUNCED

May 13, 2020 at 11 am.  It will take place literally at the same moment all over the USA.

You will have to be ready to be on the platform up to 50 minutes before that.

I suggest that you get on a computer that has a big screen and one that you can type quickly.  You are also able to write your essay by hand and submit a picture of it if you prefer.

45 minutes to read and write
5 minutes to upload

It will be a Q2 Essay on a short piece of prose.

Using the 6 point rubric that we have discussed and used all year.

1 point for thesis
4 points for establishing and proving a line of reasoning
1 point for awesome writing

This is good people.  I like this.  You are good at this!!!!

No comments: