Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Day 149

Objective: Students will prepare for their Q3.

Note from Warren:  Hello everyone.  I am still waiting for this incision to close completely.  Staples come out tomorrow so that should help.  I want to thank you all again for being patient and still learning.  

Also, Kemi had a great idea.  If you want to do some practice essays on your own, find some AP Prompts on AP Central and write an essay or two.  Send me them and I will grade them and give you some insights.  

 Lastly:   I have spots left on the senior team for the Cancer Softball game.  My students usually make up most of the team.  You don't have to be a great player.  It's all about having fun the last week of your high school career.  See Mr. Pollard if you want to play.  Miss being there.  Warren

1.  I need something to grade and YOU need to practice for the AP Test... so on Thursday you will have a Q3 Essay.

Handout:  Get into small groups.  Look at all 10 prompts:  Break down each prompt and decide what you are expected to do:  key words to mention, UT, etc.  Then discuss what major work that you would use to write an essay for this prompt.  It could be a work from this class or some other major literary work.  I will pick one of these prompts for Period 1 and another for Period 5.  And you can not use notes on this.

2.  Catcher reading Chapter 10-11 and Questions.

No comments: